With the long winter months now upon us, there are lots of pests that will be trying to get inside your home. If you don’t take precautions, these pests could cause structural damage and infestation in your property.
What The Pests People Should Be Aware Of During Winter Months
During winter, pests will be more active as they search for food and warmth. This includes bugs like rodents, spiders, and ants. Here are some tips to help protect your home from these pests:
1. Have a Pest Control Service plan in place. Make sure you know the types of pests that are common in your area, and have a plan to deal with them.
2. Seal any cracks and openings around your home. This will keep pests out, and make it harder for them to get inside.
3. Keep your home clean and free of clutter. This will reduce the amount of food and shelter available to pests.
4. Use natural deterrents like peppermint oil or cedar oil repellents around your home. These treatments will help to keep pests away, but they won’t harm people or animals.
How To Prevent Pest Problems
One of the best ways to protect your home during winter months is to prevent pests from coming in the first place. Here are some tips to help:
1. Keep your home clean and free of clutter. This will make it easier for you to see and monitor pests, and it will also keep them from building nests or hiding places.
2. Clean up any food or trash that has been left out in the open. This will attract pests and make it easier for them to enter your home.
3. Inspect your home for possible entry points that pests may use. Check around windows and doors, under eaves, and behind furniture. If you notice any suspicious activity, call a professional pest control company immediately.
Tips For Fighting Pests
During the winter, pests are more active and will attempt to find shelter in warm areas of your home. Here are some tips to help you fight pests during the winter:
1. Keep your home clean: Clean windows and doors, sweep and mop floors, and clean all cabinets and surfaces where pests might hide. This will help to keep them out of your home.
2. Seal cracks and crevices: Apply a sealant around doors and windows, around plumbing pipes, around wiring conduits, and around any other cracks or openings that pests might use to enter your home. This will prevent them from entering and will make it difficult for them to reproduce.
3. Use a dehumidifier: A dehumidifier can be a great way to fight pests in the winter. By reducing the amount of moisture in the air, it will make it harder for pests to survive.
Tips For Dealing With Pests After They Have Entered Your Home
After the chilly weather comes the pest season. Pests are attracted to warm homes and can wreak havoc on your property if not dealt with quickly. To minimize the chance of pests entering your home, follow these tips:
– seal all entry points into and out of your home – this includes door and window frames, cracks in walls, and any other openings
– keep your home clean – clutter attracts pests and makes it difficult for them to find food and shelter
– use a bait station – set out a small amount of bait (like sugar water or dog food) near entrances and windowsills, and watch for pests to feed on it
– treat when necessary – if you see evidence of pests, like droppings or damaged property, take action immediately by spraying pesticide or using a vacuum cleaner with a high-power nozzle to remove the pests. So, you can contact us for an effective and prompt solution for all of your pest issues.